The 23rd Packet Video Workshop (PV 2018) is devoted to presenting technological advancements and innovations in video and multimedia transmission over packet networks. The workshop provides a unique venue for people from the media coding and networking fields to meet, interact and exchange ideas. Its charter is to promote the research and development in both established and emerging areas of video streaming and multimedia networking. PV 2018 will be held in Amsterdam on June 12th. The workshop will be a single-track event and welcomes paper submissions from both cutting-edge research, and business and consumer applications. PV 2018 will be co-located with ACM MMSys, NOSSDAV, NetGames and MMVE.
PV 2018 seeks papers in all areas of media delivery over current IP and future networks. Authors are especially encouraged to submit papers with real-world experimental results and datasets.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to)
- Adaptive media streaming, and content storage, distribution and delivery
- Network-distributed video coding and network-based media processing
- Next-generation/future video coding, point cloud compression
- Audiovisual communication, surveillance and healthcare systems
- Wireless, mobile, IoT, and embedded systems for multimedia applications
- Future media internetworking: information-centric networking and 5G
- Immersive media: virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), 360° video and multi-sensory systems, and its streaming
- Machine learning in media coding and streaming systems
- Standardization: DASH, MMT, CMAF, OMAF, MiAF, WebRTC, MSE, EME, WebVR, Hybrid Media, WAVE, etc.
- Applications: social media, game streaming, personal broadcast, healthcare, industry 4.0, education, transportation, etc.
- Registration/submission deadline:
March 1, 2018March 15/March18, 2018 (extended)
- Acceptance notification:
April 9, 2018April 20, 2018
- Camera-ready deadline:
April 19, 2018April 27, 2018
Submission instructions / author’s paper kit
PV 2018 adopted an “almost double-open” review process:
- The author names and affiliations will be visible to the reviewers.
- A meta reviewer will be assigned to each submission among the TPC members who will have reviewed the submission, and her/his identity will be conveyed to the author(s) during the notification.
- There will not be a rebuttal phase.
The authors are also encouraged to regularly check the PV 2018 Web site for the latest information and updates. The proceedings will be published by ACM Digital Library.